The SDI Divemaster Course is the first professional level certification. During the course you will learn how to work with divers, lead certified divers, and act as a dive guide showing divers underwater dive sites and the marine life that inhabits those dives sites. You will increase your knowledge about physics and physiology as well as increase your proficiency with your scuba and snorkeling skills.
Who this course is for?
- The advanced diver interested in working in the dive industry as a professional dive guide or moving on to become an instructor
- Minimum age 18
- Certified SDI Advanced Diver or equivalent; advanced certification must include verifiable experience in deep, navigation, night, and limited visibility specialties
- Certified SDI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Provide proof of CURRENT CPR, first aid and oxygen provider (where local law permits)
- Provided proof of at least 40 logged dives
What you can expect to learn?
The SDI Divemaster Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- SDI standards and procedures
- History of SDI
- Code of ethics and professionalism of an SDI Divemaster
- Products and procedures
- Liability and insurance
- Knowledge Development
- Leadership development
Required skills you will have to demonstrate:
- 800m snorkel non-stop without the use of arms in less than 17 minutes
- 400m swim on the surface, non-stop, any stroke, without the use of swimming aids, in less than 10 minutes; swim goggles permitted
- Scuba skills – minimum equipment: all equipment required for a SDI Dive Leader
- Bring a diver, simulating unconsciousness, up from depth, not greater than 6m / 20ft; at the surface swim them 100 metres in less than 4 minutes
- Confined water skills
What is in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may:
- Assist an active SDI Instructor during approved diving courses provided the activities are similar to the graduate’s prior training
- Supervise and conduct dives for certified divers, provided the activities are similar to the graduate’s prior experience and training
How long does it take?
The SDI Divemaster Course is conducted over at some duration of training and weekend-trips basis.
Contact us via email@example.com for more details on available classes & trips.
SDI DIVEMASTER COURSE